Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jiko

STILL GROWING..(IT TAKES A WHILE I KNOW!!)

As you may be aware, that human babies take a lot of time to grow up, both physically and mentally, very unlike the rest of the animals inhabiting the planet. While it is unfortunate that for someone as evolved as me it takes almost the same time to grow as you or any other person, I find comfort in the fact that regular humans outlive most of the other species of animals and our growth rate(physical and mental) is inversely proportional to our lifespan.

And you know exactly what that means!! Yes, I get to live longer and grow smarter (If any of you are wondering why the inverse law of physical and mental growth that was stated earlier doesnt apply me, I would ask them to please revisit the phrase 'regular humans')

So in all rationality a dog which is 12 yrs old(who knows how many in dog yrs) should look as old as a person whose touched 70. Means both have the same level of experience, same arrogant, grumpy nature and same health problems( eyes, ears, prostrate, etc)

And here comes Jiko, my pet dog who incidentally was older to me(both in dog years and human years). So that made him my elder brother(bade bhaiya, etc), although I did have a human brother as well, related by blood, but he didnt make his existence felt at the time. (If you are wondering if i called Jiko my older brother because my mom made me call so, you are totally mistaken. I have already given a perfectly good explanation within paranthesis earlier)

Jiko was the source of all things allergic and dirty. He would chase the crows to no end only to give up very soon like a sore loser. Unfortunately he would do it in the rain and spread the virus the next day. All said and done, I looked upto Jiko for the kind brother that he was. I am not joking, Jiko was kind! He would always leave half a biscuit in front of me after eating the other half. But sadly, Jiko's kindness was not received well by my parents, who would scold Jiko for not finishing his food and me for trying to eat it. Such was the bonding between Jiko and me. In a way I thank Jiko for giving me the courage to do many thing (my experiments with truth and all things dangerous) and  not be afraid of failure. Jiko always failed at chasing away the crows, instead got pecked himself, but he nevertheless tried everytime. He also said that hardships (boiled vegetables, slap on the butt and wet diapers) were part of your life and that they must be expected at every turn. These were precious life's lessons taught first hand.

I never thought I would need a teacher, but i realised that Jiko had much more experience (i was only 2!). He was a veteran. He was teaching me how I shouldnt give up. Something, that my blood brother couldnt teach :P

Jiko realised the fact that I was a genius, but nevertheless insisted that genius without hardwork is nothing. (Dont ask me how I knew. My intelect level is higher than yours and I'm able to utilise almost 60% of my brain potential therefore we communicated telepathically!!) I later came to realise that these were words spoken by some genius scientist. I'm pretty sure that he must have heard it from his dog too!

While i attribute my phenomenal growth as a child to my own genius, i do spare a thought for Jiko as well and to boiled vegetables (i was growing weary of those)!! :(

Stay tuned for more of ME

No comments: