Thursday, August 14, 2008

Growing Up

Well in real time it would have probably been a few weeks since the 'bewildering' experience.
Sorry readers, i apologize for that unnerving ending, but given the circumstances I too was in a state of awe.

Actually what happened was that i wet myself in a state of ecstacy oblivious to the fact that the water in the bath had since long been removed. My mother shrieked at the inevitable angst despite her meticulous efforts to clean me up during my first bath. But also at that precise moment my heightened sense of ecstacy was brought to level ground at the speed of light as soon as my mother's shriek wracked me.

That shriek compelled me to open my eyes for the FIRST time and the first thing i saw was the dark starry sky. Boy was that a pretty sight or what! It was so beautiful and I wanted to show it to the others and hence i pointed upwards.

This was followed by a series of crass cacophonies. This apparently dulled my mother's shrieks and soon she joined in the cacophony too.

Apparently, my other family members were too ecstatic about the fact that i had opened my eyes and pointed at something.

Geez!! look at the amount of text space I wasted in describing such an useless incident. Such simple people!!(no I wasnt talking about you guys, but my folks), getting excited about the tiniest miracles.

Well, I am not suggesting that opening my eyes was a miracle or anything. But still I love my parents and I'm sure they would like to make a record of every moment of my genius.

However, I am also sure the world would like to remember me for my more philosophical insight which I'm sure will come along in the due course of my life...in fact very shortly.

Well the coming days werent very eventful at least for me. It was filled with all manner of 'tiny miracles'. So it can be safe to assume that this 'phase' of my life will go down the pages of history(or rather my diary) as an incident that shall always be...deemed insignificant.

The notable achievements in this period however were:
1) my experiments with a combination of fire and body spray: my deductions- not for the faint hearted, well it did scare the shit out of me when i saw something orange and red glowing with such ferocity and later on even fiercer was the scream of a certain woman.
2)ascertaining the exact taste of polymer plastics present in toys: my deductions- not for people who are hungry or having a narrow wind passage.
3) having food in one's mouth for a prolonged period : no the taste doesnt get any better no matter how long you keep it in your mouth. Also if you dont swallow it soon enough, chances are u wont get any more food balls from ur mom as she will asssume that you are full!

Since this world is way more interesting than i may have led you to believe (yeah thats right you need to be led), there are several more discoveries that I'm sure to unearth. As my loyal readers, you are surely on the path to enlightenment.

No comments: