Monday, July 28, 2008

The Awakening...

And after some cleaning and washing that helped me get rid of my gooey stench, (a kind of strange smell that only new mothers seem immune to. Everyone else is like ...ewww maybe later) i realised one thing, I probably wasn't as ghastly looking as before. That brought a wry smile on my face. "Oh! look our son just smiled. Oh! goody, goody you, thats so cute. He's already learnt how to smile."

There see, my first act of genius. They already think I'm a genius.
Well, even though the statement was morally encouraging, it did not take away the fact that i was still 'handicapped'. I could not speak, or see distinctly, though my eyes were open. I was afraid, that i was born blind...

But...my brain, as brilliant as it is was able to deduce that it couldn't possibly be the case, else the docs would have pointed it out. With that in place, it was official...
I was a genius born free of defects!!

However, the most worrying part was that i still couldn't see and had no idea how much time had passed.
My ears only registered noises that sounded like a radio without signal. But i took refuge under the fact that even Einstein was partially deaf.

Ruminating about everyday life, it wasn't long before I was given my first bath.
The warmth that I felt sent me back to the time when I was still in the womb. To be frank I didn't reminisce too long as there hadn't been much to like in there (no offence to my mom) apart from the warmth, but nevertheless that was the only sojourne experience I could relate to.

The bath water was simmered to a temperature of indescribable warmth that could make an active person extremely lazy and a lazy person...well...even lazier.
Given my situation it felt like an ideal and god-sent time to relieve myself and fill the bath with more warmth.

And then...there was a shriek, and some chaos ensued. It was apparently all over in a flash, and everyone smiling in the end with me being the only bewildered spectator staring at a vast darkness dotted with white throughout and my hands outstretched...
...thus was the awakening

No comments: